Nutty, crispy on the outside, and chewy in the middle. The perfect alternative to the traditional biscuit you’ve grown up with made from wholesome ingredients.
Nutty, crispy on the outside, and chewy in the middle. The perfect alternative to the traditional biscuit you've grown up with made from wholesome ingredients.
- - 1 cup (94g) almond flour
- - 1 cup (76g) desiccated coconut
- - 1/2 cup (50g) finely chopped walnuts
- - 1/2 cup (77g) finely chopped almonds
- - 1/4 cup (51g) coconut oil
- - 1/4 cup (81g) honey
- - 1 teaspoon baking powder
- - 1 teaspoon water
- - 1 egg
- - Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees and grease a baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, desiccated coconut, and chopped nuts. In a heat safe bowl, add the coconut oil and honey. Place over a saucepan with a few centimetres of water (double boiler method) and on low heat, slowly melt the coconut oil.
- Once melted, add the baking powder and water and stir until it foams up and the mixture becomes light and airy. Add the egg and salt to the honey mixture. Add the honey mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Roll tightly into tablespoon sized balls and place on baking tray. Flatten slightly, then bake in oven for 30 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes on baking tray, then transfer and cool completely on a wire rack.
Substitute the chopped walnuts and almonds for any type of nut.
Flatten to desired shape biscuit. These will not flatten out or rise too much.